Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Philippines Reflections #2

On the Filipino island of Mindanao, our team of 8 men divided into 4 groups of 2. In 4 different regions, we taught seminary extension classes in areas where people are hungry to learn. 

At the present, the island of Mindanao is experiencing some internal conflict that sometimes erupts into violence. For this reason, we prayed extra hard that God would protect us as: O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! (Psalm 34:8).

As we boarded our last plan to the United States, I breathed a sigh of relief that the Lord indeed had watched over us throughout our 2 week journey. Then it occurred to me: was I saying in my heart, "Thanks God for taking care of us in a potential dangerous situation. I can take it from here"? The truth of the matter is that we truly never are in control of any situation; we need Him every minute of every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment