Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthday

Once again my birthday has rolled around. I remember when it was an exciting thing to add another year to my age. Now it seems that the birthdays come quicker every year, and a few wrinkles have begun to appear as my hairline continues to move farther and farther away from my forehead.

Actually, I celebrate two birthdays each year. When I was 12 years old, I realized for the first time that I was a sinner who never could do enough good things to wipe away my guilt or please God. Even though I deserve His wrath, God the Father sent His perfect Son Jesus to be our sacrifice. Jesus lived a perfect life and died on a cross to forgive our sins. On the third day, He arose again! The moment that I trusted in Jesus marks my spiritual birthday because He gave me eternal life.

True peace and forgiveness is as simple as ABC:

A: Admit that you are a sinner and ask Jesus for forgiveness
B: Believe that Jesus died and rose again on the third day
C: Confess Jesus as your Lord (Master/Boss)

If you've never trusted in Jesus, you can do so right now. If you have questions about how to become an authentic follower of Jesus, posts your questions or thoughts on the comments section of this post.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) 

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  (Romans 6:23)  

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment